Toyota Repair/Air conditioning

Took my car to an electrician. Compressor is fine. Relay is good. Electrician traced the glitch to the buttons in the dashboad where it says A/C. The light won't come on. So I replaced this with one that has been tested. Still nothing. The electrician took a wire previously and relayed electricity from one button to another and the A/C worked great. Super cold. He did say that this would only burn up if it was rigged in such a fashion.

So its not the compressor, not the relay, not the fuses under the dash board, not the fan, not the switches on the dashboard. I was thinking of hiring a psychic.

Any more suggestions? This car has been the greatest thing ever invented since they invented cars.

Hello, you forgot to mention what year and model it is but some models have an A/C amplifier usually located behind the glove box area, approach your mechanic/electrician with this, if he is knowledgeable and has a wiring diagram for you model he should be able to locate it and test the terminal voltages, it may need to be replaced, keep in mind, I said some models have this, on  most later models the function of the amplifier is incorporated into the cars powertrain control module (ECM/PCM)

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems