Toyota Repair/Highlander 2002

Engine& VSC lights come on and stay on. Started to happen after the dealer replaced the timing belt. Tried to erase by pressing the Odometer reset button with the ignition switch in Acc until the mileage number appears. The mileage number does not appear. Also tried disconnecting the battery for less than a minute. The warning lights did go away for a few days but returned. Is there a way I can get the lights to go away? Can it be inadvertantly caused by the mechanic when the timing belt was replaced?

There is a problem that the computer is detecting, the problem will not go away by clearing the check light, it's possible that the mechanic did not get the timing belt installed correctly or they left something disconnected, you can go back and have them check to see what the problem is or you can go to an autoparts store like Autozone and they will assist you in getting the diagnostic code number or numbers, they do this at no charge, then you can reply to me here and I can help.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems