Toyota Repair/Highlander 2002

Question
Engine& VSC lights come on and stay on. Started to happen after the dealer replaced the timing belt. Tried to erase by pressing the Odometer reset button with the ignition switch in Acc until the mileage number appears. The mileage number does not appear. Also tried disconnecting the battery for less than a minute. The warning lights did go away for a few days but returned. Is there a way I can get the lights to go away? Can it be inadvertantly caused by the mechanic when the timing belt was replaced?

Answer
There is a problem that the computer is detecting, the problem will not go away by clearing the check light, it's possible that the mechanic did not get the timing belt installed correctly or they left something disconnected, you can go back and have them check to see what the problem is or you can go to an autoparts store like Autozone and they will assist you in getting the diagnostic code number or numbers, they do this at no charge, then you can reply to me here and I can help.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter