Toyota Repair/Rear Drum brakes

Question
1998 Camry LE
Rear drum brakes

I recently had my rear brakes done.  Afterward I no longer had a parking brake.  I didn't notice that day but a day or two later.  I called and the mechanic who told me it was problem when he was working on the brakes (although he didn't call to advise me of it at that time).  He said he would have to remove the console to adjust the parking brake.  I have looked at information on the internet and it does not appear to support what he is telling me.  Can you tell me how it should be done?

Answer
Hello, it is not a matter of adjustment, there is something disconnected, possibly a linkage or lever at one of the rear brakes , I would recommend that you go somewhere else and have the rear drums removed and the brakes and the cables, brake levers etc inspected.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter