Toyota Repair/VSC LIGHT

I just bought a 2008 Avalon touring edition. I the VSC light came on while driving down a slippery hill along with the check engine light. I had the code checked and it came back P0057 which list several things that could be wrong. I don't know if the check light is on because of the VSC or the other way round..I have an appointment next with week to have it look at, however the guy is good buy man is he expensive I would love to be able to give him a head start on what is wrong and save some money....

hello, this is not an uncommon code, it is for the heated oxygen sensor bank 2 sensor two, let me explain, sensors # 2 are always located after the catalytic converter in the exhaust, in your case (V6 engine)cylinder bank two is located at the "front" near the radiator, bank one is at the firewall, the solution is usually to replace the sensor at bank two that is located behind the catalytic converter, pretty straightforward, use a good quality sensor preferably from the dealer, if not an option try to use a sensor made by 'DENSO' it's the same as OEM and they are available from most larger auto parts suppliers. Some of the other brands like Bosch etc, may be good but I would no recommend them for a Toyota, parts and labor should less than $200.00  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems