Toyota Repair/Fixed glass in rear door

We have a 2003 Camry that at highway speeds produces wind noise around the fixed glass window in the rear driver's side door.  Do you know if the remedy involves replacing the seal or is there some other solution required or recommended?  I have done things like replace door regulators, but don't know if special tools or skills are required to fix this problem. The car has 76,000 miles. Thank you for your response.

The first thing to do is to be sure the seal around the glass is not damage, also check around the roll down window and check the seal around the door itself. To remove the fixed glass the entire frame has to be removed, the regulator and motor has to come out as well as the roll down glass and the channels, then the triangular frame containing the glass can be removed, this is a time consuming job so I would make sure this is what actually needs to be replaced.
Get a roll of duct tape or better some of that blue masking tape about 2 inches wide or so, apply tape to the outside of the suspected area, drive the car, if the noise is still there apply tape to a different position in the same area, do not remove any tape until the noise is reduced, this way you will know that the last application was where the problem is.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems