Toyota Repair/check engine light dosnt come on

hello i have a 1994 Toyota Camry v6 and my car starts occasionally. i noticed when i turn my key to prior start, all warning lights come on except the Check Engine light. and it doesn't start, it will crank but not start.. ill try 30 mins later and all lights including check engine light will come on and only then will my car start. also my door ajar light continuously  stays on and all doors are shut. also we just removed my alarm system from car

Hello, the engine light turns on when the ignition system is turned on, if it doesn't there is no power to the ignition and this is why the engine doesn't start, the problem is intermittent and is going to be very hard to diagnose, I would suggest rechecking the wiring that was affected when the alarm was removed, make sure no part of the alarm remains in the car including the ignition relay and the alarm computer, check all fuses under the hood and inside, make sure they are no loose or corroded fuses, replace any fuses that are doubtful,

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems