Toyota Repair/1985 toyota pick-up fuel delivery

Question
dear ted hi I own a 1985 4x4 pick up Toyota and thought my fuel pump was out upon inspection, discovered gas flows correctly to pump but not to carb, don't believe its fuel inj??I drove in driveway, parked an hr later tried to leave would not start..cannot smell any fuel so I thought the pump went out, been through 2 manuals, puzzled is what I came away with..looked at fuses they seemed ok cant tell about the rely nex to battery it says fuel heater? is there a separate filter located on backside of carb I was told this? any help would be so appreciated..thank you for your time in advance

Answer
Hello, check the fuel pump, it sounds like this has a carburetor so the fuel pump can be checked by removing the hose that goes to the carburetor, crank the engine is there fuel coming out of the hose? If not the fuel pump is the problem, there is a plastic fuel filter I believe, just in front of the right rear wheel opening on the frame.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter