Toyota Repair/1985 toyota pick-up fuel delivery

dear ted hi I own a 1985 4x4 pick up Toyota and thought my fuel pump was out upon inspection, discovered gas flows correctly to pump but not to carb, don't believe its fuel inj??I drove in driveway, parked an hr later tried to leave would not start..cannot smell any fuel so I thought the pump went out, been through 2 manuals, puzzled is what I came away with..looked at fuses they seemed ok cant tell about the rely nex to battery it says fuel heater? is there a separate filter located on backside of carb I was told this? any help would be so appreciated..thank you for your time in advance

Hello, check the fuel pump, it sounds like this has a carburetor so the fuel pump can be checked by removing the hose that goes to the carburetor, crank the engine is there fuel coming out of the hose? If not the fuel pump is the problem, there is a plastic fuel filter I believe, just in front of the right rear wheel opening on the frame.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems