Toyota Repair/2006 Tundra climate control knob

QUESTION: I switched it to defrost and went to turn knob to the heat setting.  The knob seemed to stick so i gave a little sturdier push and something broke loose.  It only stays on cold air now.  Is this something I can fix on my on.  I am assuming either a control arm inside the dash has popped loose or a belt that whitches from cold to hot.  Thanks for any help or advice.

ANSWER: Does it have automatic climate control or manual system?

QUESTION: A knob (blue left side) cold, (red right side) hot.

ANSWER: Ok, you'll need to remove the control panel and check to see if the cables are still attached, sometimes the control levers can break or a cable can come off.  

QUESTION: I am very handy and have no issues with going into the dash.  With that said, do you have a step by step or can you provide a snapshot of what I am getting into?

Hello, pull the round control knobs off, there ai a screw or two under the knobs, remove thos and the faceplate can be pulled off, you'll see the bolts for the radio unit , remove it then remove the screws for the control panel, I'll see if I can locate a diagram and post it later.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems