Toyota Repair/timing belt

Question
I have a 94 camry xle with the 4 cylinder and i had a water pump go bad. I got a kit for the water pump and idlers and i went to line up the arks and my cam is off 180 of where it should be at. I have tried a lot of different things and i need to have my car on the road by tomorrow. Any help would be great. Thanks

Answer
Hello, remove the #1 spark plug and rotate the engine until the crank pulley is at the zero mark, look into the spark plug hole and make sure the piston is all the way up, with the top part of the timing cover removed the hole in the cam sprocket should point up, this hole has to be lined up with the mark on top of the front cam upper bearing housing,you may need amirroe to get the hole lined up exactly with the mark by looking through the hole.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter