Toyota Repair/96 tacoma 2.4 fuse box

I had front end damage on my 2wd 2.4 1996 Tacoma.  the underhood fuse box was broken up.  I found one on ebay complete with harness.  I've bought the Lisle set of tools and borrowed a Snap on set so that I could remove the wire terminals going into the fuse box but I can't get the terminals to come out of the box.  Is this box made so the wire terminals can't be removed?  Do I have to change the complete harness?

Everything in the fuse box just plugs in both on top and the underneath of the box where most of the connectors are located. the connectors have release locks which can be a little difficult to undo, not necessary to replace the entire wire harness.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems