Toyota Repair/Low speed acceleration hesitation on '97 Tacoma

Question
Howdy, I have a 4cyl '97 Tacoma (80k mi) that has an ongoing problem with hesitation at low speeds.
In other words, engaging the pedal at anything less than half way to the floor results in no acceleration or a kind of stuttering on off acceleration.
If I give it more gas it stops. This is only a problem around town at stops and starts, it is not affected at highway/interstate speeds.
I have tried injector cleaning solution, replacement of the fuel filter and running the codes (no problem found on codes).
It was suggested to me that it might be the IAC valve, what do you think?
Thanks much, Nate

Answer
possible the IAC valve, I would remove the throttle body and the IAC valve, clean the throttle body and remove the valve, check the actual valve cylinder and see if it is stuck or sticking, you should be able to move the rotating valve and it should return to almost closed position, if not try cleaning it or consider replacement.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter