Toyota Repair/2007 Fortuner key code location

Question
I have a friend in Antigua who lost keys to two Fortuner in a fire there and is trying to locate key code location for me to send him two sets of keys. I also noticed that your customer also bought a immo ecu and key kit. isn't it possible to program new keys to the immo ECU? I am concern since he lost all keys.

Answer
When all keys are lost rather the immobilizer ECU has to be replaced or the keys programmed, it depends on whether it has the system built into the main ECM or has a seperate ecu for the immobilizer. I'm not familiar with the fortuner model, it's not sold in the US, however most late model Toyotas have the system as part of the ECM, in that case the Toyota dealer can program new keys using their computer and software. The dealer can make new keys using the VIN# these can then be programmed, the dealer can also give you the information as to which version it has, separate ECU or part of the ECM (engine control module) The separate ecu is not programmable and so it has to be replaced if keys are lost.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter