Toyota Repair/Car window off track

I need help PLEASE! I have a old 1986 Toyota Tercel. The driver window is manual. It keeps coming off the track. I've taken the door panel off and set it back on the track but don't thing anything is holding it there and I'm not sure if there should be something to do the job. What I do know is this is the second time I've tried to do it myself and I'm frustrated. I roll it up and down a zillion times put it back together and first roll down there it goes again. It's like the last piece of trim just knocks it back off and I really don't want to leave the trim off because it looks ugly, and believe me this car looks ugly enough. I guess my question is, am I supposed to be putting a clip on it somewhere to hold window in place? The window putty stuff? Or something? There's only little holes that I can see through so I can't see if there should be something clamped on to the frame and window to make it stay or what. Just hoping some smart man could help this old lady out. lol

Thank you,

Windows usually come off track because the window regulator is worn or the guide channels on the front and rear of the glass are either broken loose or the bolts fell out, the glass itself has metal tabs along the bottom where the regulator is attached to the glass, make bolts are there

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems