Toyota Repair/Follow up

QUESTION: Greetings from Indy. Thanks for all your help so far. It turns out that the plug for diagnosis is not connecting to the computer and getting us any feedback. Is there a way to plug into that or get a plug for it or what other options do we have. The condition is engine it is fully rebuilt from inside out and engine
Is running extremely rich we have no way to diagnose it that we know of any thoughts?
All the best Neal

ANSWER: Hello, what year and model is it, I don't recall all the details.

QUESTION: Sorry for that lack of info.
We have a 91 mr2 5sfe stick n/a

Engine has been totally rebuilt in to out.

The engine is running very rich.  We are getting no info when plugging into the diagnostic plug.

Out nest step is to plug into the MAP plug.

Engine fires up great and runs smooth just smokes with exhaust fumes.
Injectors are staying activated longer than appropriate for idle.
Any thoughts.
all the best neal mcconochie
if you want to get more direct.

Hello, the 91 uses the OBD 1 diagnostic system, you can get codes without connecting a computer or scanner, simply open the check connector under the hood, with the key on connect a jumper between the terminals TE1 and E1, the check engine light will start flashing the code, for example if it is a code 24 it would be two flashes then four and so on, let me know if this works for you.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems