Toyota Repair/windshield washer not spaying

hi Ted,  i have a toyota camry 2002 and recently i noticed that windshield washer nozzles are not spraying on both sides. therefore, im not able to clean the windshield.  im not sure where to start. can you please tell me how i can fix this? thanks

Hello, the first thing to check is to make sure there is water in the bottle, turn the key on and listen to hear if the pump is running, if it is open the hood and disconnect one of the hoses from the nozzle, check if water comes out there, if so the nozzles are clogged, if the pump runs bot water does not reach the hose there may be a leak at the supply hose between the pump and the end of the hose, mice and other rodents like to chew on rubber hoses, , next remove the inner plastic fender panel and make sure the hose is attached to the pump and there are no holes in it, if the pump does not run make sure the electrical connector is on, if so, check to see if voltage is getting to the pump using a 12 volt test light while someone operates the washer s from the inside

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems