Toyota Repair/2003 3.0 camry starting problem

Question
Hi when I attempted to start the car yesterday after making a couple stop and go trips, when I tried to turn on the car and start it, it did not turn. I could hear the starter spinning like crazy but the engine wasn't turning at all. The car has 133,000 miles on it, the timing belt and water pump has never been changed once. Could this be the problem or is it something else? Everything on the dash, lights, alarm everything work normally.

Another thing, what would cause the rear windows to stop functioning? The master switch and rear switches do not work at all for the rear. The front switches work fine. I checked all of the fuses but they all seemed okay. Thank you for your help!

Answer
Hello, it's possible that the timing belt broke, this causes the engine to sound like it's turning much faster than usual when trying to start it. The window problem may be the master switch, make sure the window lock button is in the off position. Remove one of the rear door switches and test to see if one of the wires has 12 volts, if there is no voltage at all replace the master switch.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter