Toyota Repair/Fan

Hi, I have a 2013 Toyota highlander V6. The past week, the fan will kick on after the engine is turned off draining the battery.  Have had to jump it about 5 times.  It ony does this sporadically, no pattern to it.  Took it to dealership and they can't replicate the problem or find any problem codes.  They said the battery and alternaterare charging fine. I think they should change out the fan relay or fan assembly all together but won't.  
Any suggestions?

I assume it's still under the warranty that's why they say they can't find the problem, it seems to me it would be easy to duplicate, try going to another dealer that is more committed to customer satisfaction. I personally have not experienced this very same condition so I have no answer for you as to what needs to be replaced.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems