Toyota Repair/Coolant in a camry

I may be asking a dumb question, but I wonder how to check the antifreeze  temperature freezing point in a 2005 camry. Just want to be sure I have enough for cold weather.  Should you check it through the reservoir or through the radiator cap?

Hello, you can buy an inexpensive antifreeze tester at most autoparts stores, check it at the radiator fluid level, be sure you use the correct antifreeze/coolant, some later models use super long life coolant which is premixed and no water is added, this is due to the aluminum alloy construction of the engine, it prevents corrosion of the water pump, heater and radiator and coolant passages. Check your owner's manual for the correct antifreeze type.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems