Toyota Repair/22re starts and dies in seconds

Question
My boyfriend recently rebuilt the 22re motor in his 88 4-runner.the motor is an 86 22re 2.4 liter with cold air intake. Recently Replaced fuel injectors,fuel pump and filter, the computer, MAF,throttle body,plugs and wires, distributor, fuel pressure regulator, voltage regulator, and changed valve cover. Still starts and dies within seconds. He is getting frustrated and i would hate to see him give up he loves this truck. Please help any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Answer
Hello, here is what I would recommend before going in this too deep. There is a diagnostic check connector under the hood that may help to diagnose the problem, the connector is near the main fuse box, open the cover and put a short jumper wire in between terminals TE1 and E1, the location is marked inside the cover, turn the ignition key to on, the check engine light will flash, if there is a trouble code it will flash a series of two digits, for example a code 12 would be one blink the two and so on. Let me know how it goes, this also sounds like the may be an intake air leak, to hoses and pipe from the throttle body should be checked, the hoses can crack and leak air, it could also be a bad engine control unit(ECU)or bad connections at the unit, it is located under the right side kick panel, it should be checked for signs of corrosion by removing each electrical connector and computer ground connections, a volt/ohm meter would help for the next steps. Does he have one?
I know these engines very well and used to rebuilt them as well as diagnose difficult problems on the EFI system so I think we can figure this out.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter