Toyota Repair/98 corrola

I have a 98 Toyota Corolla with a 1.8 engine.  When its cold outside the car will start and shut off and start and shut off.  But if I step on the gas pedal just a little it will start and run just fine.  It's like it doesn't want to go into idle only when its really cold outside.  The fuel pump and regulator have been replaced already.  The car runs fine otherwise once you get past the first minute or two after a cold weather start-up.  If the car is warm it will start and run just fine.  I have no engine codes in the computer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, the computer controls the idle at both cold and hot temperatures, this sometimes happens when there is too much carbon in the throttle body, try to clean the inside of the throttle body using a brush and spray carbon cleaner, disconnect the battery before doing this, good luck.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems