Toyota Repair/clutch adjustment.....

Question
We have a 2001 Toyota Corolla CE 1.8 Liter with a manual 5 speed. My question is can the clutch be adjusted as it is starting to slip just a little, or do we have to replace the clutch. The car has over 170,000 miles +/-. We just got it and are dealing with all it's hiccups and minor problems. I am a disabled veteran and can't afford a new clutch at this time and I am hoping that it can be adjusted to last just a little longer till I can afford to have it replaced.

Thank you............

Answer
Hello, the clutch is actually self adjusting, you may be able to release the adjustment a little and that may help, under the dash where the pushrod for the master cylinder comes through the firewall is a 14mm adjustment nut on the threaded rod, loosen the lock nut and then move the adjusting nut away from the firewall until you feel about 1/4" free play in the pedal, hope this helps and good luck.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter