Toyota Repair/Door light icon will not go out

I have 2010 toyota camry and my door light icon will on my dashboard not go out. I have checked all of my doors and they are shut, its showing that my two front doors are open. Will this drain my battery? How can I fix this issue?

Hello, it's possible that one of the door switches is defective, it can drain the battery because the dome light also stays on. Open each door and locate the door switches, get some thick adhesive tape, like foam tape from the hardware store, put a piece of this tape on each door where it contacts the switch, close the doors and see if the light goes off, if it does remove each spacer one at a time and close the doors, the one where you removed the tape is either not making good contact with the door or needs to be replaced.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems