Toyota Repair/timing belt replacement interval

I have a 2005 4 cylinder Camry with only 20K miles on it. It's used for running errands in a semi-rural area. Trips from 10-50 miles and no sitting in traffic so there should be little engine wear. If you only consider age it's overdue for a timing belt renewal but not even close judging by mileage. Do the belts fail because of age or is it more wear? I get the feeling that I'll be doing unnecessary, expensive maintenance replacing it now. With your experience what would you guess the belt looks like at this time?

The car has had no fluid changes other than oil. Do you advise any fluids to be replaced at this time? Are specific OEM products from the dealer required?

hello, the 2005 camry uses a timing chain which should last the life of the engine, it uses a single serpentine drive belt to drive the water pump, alternator, power steering and air conditioner, inspect this belt for cracks due to age, they normally last about 100,00 miles.
At mileage other than replacing the oil and filter, air filter and cabin air filter there is not much else to do.
Spark plugs @ 90,000 miles
trans fluid @ about 60,000 miles
rotate the tires for even wear at about 5,000 mile intervals and check the brakes  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems