Toyota Repair/wrong job preformed

Hi Ted,my question is about a job the dealer did for me. i took my van in with problem and once i got it back the problem still exist!!! as soon as i drove 5 miles on freeway the same thing happened. they charged me 690.00 for this job and the problem was not fixed!!! i took it back to them again. now do i ask for a refund or something else? at the beginning they found that the code was for a knock sensor...i told them that the engine would stall and then turn off with out being able to accelerate, no loud noises or any thing.

Hello, what exactly did they do to charge you 690.00?
What year and model is it?
How many miles?
Basically if the problem was not fixed and they charged you for repairs you should give them a chance to make it right, if they recommend additional repairs they should deduct the 690 since this didn't fix anything, if the repair to fix it is less than 690 they should refund you the difference, talk to the service manager not the people in the driveway, go above their head right away and go straight to the manager.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems