Toyota Repair/2001 toyota camry 4cyl 2.2

my camry first start showing problems when it was speeding without mashing on the gas pedal.After this when starting the idle hand started going up and down while in the car will start only if i step on the pedal a little bit but will cut off when i let off the pedal. It will not idle at all.the only light that comes on is a yellow light indicating something is wrong.It shuts it self off when i let off the pedal. Please help.

The yellow light is the check engine light, it means that the computer detected a problem and stored a trouble code, you can get this code information at most autoparts stores like  Autozone, Pep Boys etc at no charge, they connect their diagnostic scanner to get the code number, let me know what code numbers you get and I'll try to help with that.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems