Toyota Repair/2000 Toyota 4Runner 3.4L 6cyl code P0770

I have been having issues with my transmission. I have changed my transmission filter and with new fluid twice, which was very dirty all of it, seemed to clear up for two days, check engine light registered today as my car rmp up to 3 and lost power of driving, engine still running and smooth. The code that registered in the reading from OBD2 was P0770 shift solenoid E. Where do I go from here?
Appreciate the help greatly :-)

This is a common code, the shift solenoid E is the torque converter lock up solenoid, since the transmission fluid was contaminated it can clog up the opening in the solenoid, this is why changing the fluid seemed to help, when the trans pan was off was there a lot of particles in the bottom of the pan? Any metal shavings? If so the transmission may be on it's way out, if not have the transmission flushed using a machine designed for this, this replaces all the fluid including the torque converter.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems