Toyota Repair/4runner stereo model# A56813

Question
hi there,

i recently ran into an issue with my car stereo system. my battery was dead and i had to move my car, so i hit the release button to unlock my transmission to shift into neutral. after, i charged the battery truck runs perfect, but now my car stereo wont even turn on nor will the antenna go up. the clock works and i replaced the A15 fuses both inside and under the hood. my question is, did i set off the anti-theft thats programmed into the stereo? is there a way to reset it? or is it dead and need to be replaced? it is the cd/tapedeck in a 974runner.

thank you,
concerned owner.

Answer
Hello, when turning the radio on do any of the lights turn on or show radio stations turn on but no sound? Is there any message displayed, any lines or numbers? Or does it remain completely dark, if so this is not a theft deterrent issue, the radio is getting no power, make sure you check all fuses both under the hood and on the inside.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter