Toyota Repair/Rough Idle after cleaning throttle body

Question
Hi Ted,

I have a 1997 Toyota Celica GT (2.2L). I decided to take apart the air intake and replace the hose to the airbox and the small hose that was cracked leading to the valve cover (OEM parts). While I had it apart, I sprayed the throttle body with throttle body cleaner and wiped down inside. After that, the car now runs rougher than it did before and is worse in gear. It now displays a check engine light as well. Could I have caused issues with the cleaning?

Thank you

Anthony

Answer
Hello, sorry for the delay in getting back to you it has been a very busy couple of days for me.
Do you have access to a code reader? We need yo check for diagnostic codes first, if you have done that already let me know what the codes are, if not you can visit any of the large autoparts stores they get them for you at no charge, by the way did the light turn on after doing the repair you mentioned?  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter