Toyota Repair/toyota corolla

Question
ignition replacement will not turn to start. The steering is not locked. Can I replace it my self? 1997 toy cor. used parts

Answer
Hello, as long as you can turn the key to the ACC position you can pull the lock cylinder out fairly easily, remove the covers around the steering column just below the steering wheel, with the key in the acc position locate the small opening on the bottom of the switch housing, there is a release pin in there, push the release pin in and the cylinder can be pulled out then just install the new cylinder.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter