Toyota Repair/91 mr2 cruise control

output shaft
output shaft  
QUESTION: Greetings from Indy,
I have all new clutch parts to put my mr2 back together again.
91 mr2 5sfe NA manual trans.  manual steering t bar top.

Is a pilot bearing/bushing needed to insert in the flywheel or on the tip of the input shaft.  I can't find one in any of the data but...

all the best neal mcconochie indy

ANSWER: Hello, this transmission does not use a pilot bearing in the flywheel, the input shaft is supported by the front input shaft bearing in the transmission housing.

QUESTION: Thanks Ted,

the pilot bearing answer was perfect.  Now we can move ahead.

I will be coming to you for things in the future as I am restoring the little fella.

Cruise control is the next subject:  
First , it no longer works.  
The symptoms that lead to its total failure were deteriorating.  It would click on and hold the speed for a while then stop holding.  The time it would hold got shorter and shorter until finally it would no longer even engage to hold speed.  I can turn on the cruise control with the switch on the end of the stalk but the light will not change color or hold the speed.

Hopefully this is enough info you you to help me move forward.

all the best neal

Make sure there are no warning lights on in the dash, no brake or engine light on while running, check the cruise control actuator connections, check fuses with the key on, there are some in the front under the hood as well as in the rear in the engine compartment.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems