Toyota Repair/Camry alignment

Question
Hi Ted,

Our 03 Camry 4 cylinder was recently aligned but I was told that there is no camber adjustment for the the rear wheels.  I've been rotating tires bue the inside part of the tire tread is wearing extra.  The range according to the alignment printout for the left rear is 0.1 to -1.5 with an actual reading -1.6.  The right rear range is -1.5 to 0.1 with an actual reading of -1.2.  If my understanding is correct, that means the tops of both rear wheels are angled toward the center of the car with one being out of proper range while the other is also to the left of the ideal center setting.  So both rear adjustments would be contributing to the problem.  My searching has come across "camber bolts" that replace one of the lower strut bolts.  Because of their elliptical shape they can be rotated to allow some adjustment for camber.  It seems like a simple solution but I don't know any one who has done it.  Is this an appropriate solution to the problem?  Is there something else to do that would be preferable?

Thank you very much for your advice!

Duane

Answer
Hello, the right side is within specifications, the left side is out by one tenth (0.1) degree, this is not nearly enough to cause the tire wear you are getting, sounds more like the toe in/toe out is off, do you have the toe results after the alignment.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter