Toyota Repair/Driver side turn signal

So, I have a 1991 Toyota Corolla DX. I have no driver side front turn signal. I've replaced the bulb, and it's obvious it's not the fuses since all the other turn signals work, as well as my hazards and the horn. It's simply just that one signal. Any ideas on what this could be?

hello, it sounds like there is either no voltage or a ground connection to the bulb socket, first remove the bulb, turn the turn signals on to the left, use a 12 volt test light or a voltmeter, ground the negative terminal to a metal part on the body, connect the pos connection to one of the bulb contacts, either one, one should make the light flash, does the light flash?
If yes, connect the test light/meter across both bulb contacts, does the light flash, if not it's a bad ground, turn the power off anfd use the ohm meter connect it to ground and check each bulb socket, only one of them should show about zero ohms, if not it's a bad ground, check the white black wire, it is the ground wire.
If there is good ground but no voltage there may be an open circuit between the switch and the bulb, if thiat side does not work with the emergency flasher either it's an open circuit or bad ground.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems