Toyota Repair/nonfunctioning turn signals and flashers

QUESTION: The turn signals and emergency flashers have stopped working
on my 1984 Toyota sedan. All the fuses look good but I don't
know where to find the flasher unit or if that is even the
answer to this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

ANSWER: The flasher should be mounted on a relay block inside the left kick panel, if the cover is still there it is marked on the inside of the fuse cover.

Toyota Flasher Relay 001
Toyota Flasher Relay 0  

Toyota Flasher Relay 003
Toyota Flasher Relay 0  
QUESTION: Thank you Ted.
I found the relay block behind the "right" kick panel as my car is a right hand drive. It listed the "turn" fuse as lower right corner and it appears unbroken. I still need to know where the flasher relay is and what it looks like as there is nothing on the block that I can see labeled 'Flasher". Please see images. I thank you for your time and expertise.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I have no diagrams or info anymore for this model, almost all relays are round metal shape about an inch in diameter and are marked on the relay itself as far as I can remember, there may be a relay block under the hood where there are more fuses, I'll check a little more if you can't find anything.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems