Toyota Repair/Cars Electrical

Question
QUESTION: i have a 93 toyota mr2 2.2l that now has a starting problem it will crank over but not start. its now happend to me twice had an alternator belt break and it blows the 120a fuse under front hood.also somehow does something to the distrubutor first time broke belt had to replace the distributor. 2nd time replaced belt all was good then driving in town car just dies. replaced distributor again as it was under warranty. noticed the EFI Fuse was blown and now every time i try to start the vehicle it blows that fuse why does this happen and is it the voltage regulator or something. car still just turns over but will not run.PLEASE HELP as this is my only means of transpotation

ANSWER: Hello, let me ask this very important question:
Does the fuse blow when the key is turned to the ON position only?

QUESTION: Yes it does it when i turn car to the on pos.

Answer
Thanks for the reply, I'm going to look at some wiring diagrams but can't do so until later today or next morning, I'm on a trip right now, I'll get back as soon as I can.
If you don't hear back from me in about 6 hours post a short reminder for me here.
There are a few circuits connected to that fuse, check to make sure the O2 sensor wiring is not shorted out, check the injector wiring harness for insulation damage, it's a direct short to ground, it could also be caused by a short in the fuel pump or the circuit for the pump, try disconnecting some of the electrical connectors and see if the short goes away.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter