Toyota Repair/about my 1990 toyota runner starting problem

Question
alright i have a 1990 toyota 4runner and ive had people tell me it was my starter but ive had it checked and its fine then i had someone else check it and they said it was the ignition switch but the guy that owned the vehicle before me had problems before  me and he didnt tell me that when i bought it so i was looking under the dash one day and followed where the wires went and it goes to the starter and i plugged the wire up to the starter turned the key on and then touched the wires together and it startes ever time  
so now my question is is there a button i can use two hook the wires up to too start my vehicle when i turn the key on??

Answer
Yes, all you are doing is to complete the circuit that the ignition switch would normally do, ideally the right way is to replace the switch, if it's an automatic make sure the shifter is in park because what you are doing may override the shift interlock system.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter