Toyota Repair/about my 1990 toyota runner starting problem

alright i have a 1990 toyota 4runner and ive had people tell me it was my starter but ive had it checked and its fine then i had someone else check it and they said it was the ignition switch but the guy that owned the vehicle before me had problems before  me and he didnt tell me that when i bought it so i was looking under the dash one day and followed where the wires went and it goes to the starter and i plugged the wire up to the starter turned the key on and then touched the wires together and it startes ever time  
so now my question is is there a button i can use two hook the wires up to too start my vehicle when i turn the key on??

Yes, all you are doing is to complete the circuit that the ignition switch would normally do, ideally the right way is to replace the switch, if it's an automatic make sure the shifter is in park because what you are doing may override the shift interlock system.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems