Toyota Repair/Headlight Mall Function

I have Land Cruiser Model 2001 GXR, Whenever I wash my car after few hours the Headlights Power ON Itself and stay ON continues, when I put the Key in the ignition switch and keep it at ON position the headlight power off but the same time if I remove the keys the light Power ON again, so what I am doing I keep the key inside the ignition switch for full day to keep the headlights OFF.

I think the water goes somewhere and make a short circuit.

Yes that seems to be what is going on, most likely the windshield is leaking and water is getting into the body control module at the left lower area of the dash where the fuses are, the control module is part of that junction block with all the fuses and the electrical connectors, try having the windshield re sealed and see if it fixed the problem before the module is permanently damaged.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems