Toyota Repair/01 Toyota Camry Acceleration

Question
I have an 01 Camry LE with the V6. 200k miles. I have an error code for O2 sensor heater error but the car has been running fine for almost a year with the error code. Cleared the code but comes back. This is my wife's car. I recently drove it and noticed slow acceleration. Ran some Techron injector cleaner through it and response got better but now has an intermittent miss when accelerating onto the freeway. At slow speed acceleration is great but put the gas pedal down more than about 2/3 at speed and the miss occurs until up to speed and back off on the throttle. Spark plugs and fuel filter are less than a year old. At freeway speed there is no miss if you try to accelerate but the acceleration is not near what it should be. This started after I used the injector cleaner and was into the next tank of gas after the cleaner.

Answer
Hello, you mentioned that it had slow acceleration before using the additive but it got worse after that, if I understand correctly.  Tw o of the most common problems on this engine are faulty coil packs and another less common a fuel injector problem, sine this happens under load such as acceleration I would be inclined to believe that it is an electrical problem, if I remember correctly this engine uses one coil for two cylinders, the coils are mounted on the cylinder bank near the firewall, I would recommend having the codes retrieved or do this yourself if you have a code reader, besides the o2 sensor code there should be some misfire code information. Autozone can help you get the codes at no charge in most states.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter