Toyota Repair/91 Toyota Camry blow fues

1991 Toyota Camry is blowing the 7.5 amp fues when I select reverse this controls several things (window,temp guage,blower etc.)what could be the cause?

There are few things that can cause this, you need to find which circuit is causing it, if the fuse only blows in reverse disconnect the reverse lights and see if the fuse stays intact, if so the problem is a short to ground at the rear, check the reverse light bulb sockets, check for a short to ground, the white/black wires are supposed to be grounded but not the other ones. If the fuse still blows the problem is further up front, possibly the neutral start switch, if it's an automatic, the reverse light circuit goes through it, disconnect the connector from the NS switch under the hood at the side of the transmission and check the fuse, then if you haven't figured it out we'll go from there.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems