Toyota Repair/Coolant question

Week ago had water pump replaced in my 2010 Honda.  Coolant was also replaced. Before this was done I never had an issue maintaining coolant level in reservoir.  Since the repair coolant level in reservoir is slowly going down.  Since the repair I have twice added a small amount to raise level to max when hot and it continues to slowly drop.  Have checked level in radiator several times and it is to top.  Temp gauge indicates it is holding same as in the past.  Could this possibly be a function of air trapped in system because system was not bled or "burped" after new coolant was placed in system?

ANSWER: Yes, that is a possibility, put a few more miles on I while checking it, it should be ok after about 200 miles or so, if not take it back and have the cooling system pressure checked fo leaks.

Thanks for your response to my question regarding coolant loss in reservoir.  I am taking your advise and will keep a close check.
As I have been checking coolant regularly I have noticed immediately after engine is cut off a small amount of coolant is seeping around the radiator cap and running down the filler neck...had not noticed this until the last couple of days.  Is this an indication that cap is going bad.  Do you think this a continuous loss of coolant or just when the pressure in the cooling system builds immediately after stopping other words if I take off on a trip am I going to reach the point where coolant has continuosly leaked out and I am going to experience a roadside cooling system failure (overheating)
Just for info I called local Honda dealer today to see if they carried replacement radiator cap for my 2010 Honda Accord and he said they did not...stated very unusual for 5 year old OEM cap to go bad.  This just adds more puzzle to my coolant issue.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and opinions.

Regards, Ernest

It's not normal for the cap to leak, no matter what the year or mileage, go get a new radiator cap and see what happens, most radiator shops, gas stations with repair shops and auto repair shops and some auto parts stores can test the cap for you to see if it actually needs to be replaced.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems