Toyota Repair/DEAD SHORT

Question
Just changed the fuel filter on a 1989 Toyota Pickup 22RE
Now I have a dead short (no power to anything) I unplugged the wire connector to the starter and the sending unit and a connector that went to the front differential. Unplugged and inspected them 2-3 times. Still nothing, I had my hands and arms in every angle trying to get to the filter, so not sure if I bumped something or not. Cannot see anything loose. I'm in the process of tracing power back to the fuse panel and ignition, but wont be till later tonight. Anyway any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !!!

Bob

Answer
Hello, you'll need to start at the battery and go from there, supposing the battery is ok and has 12 volts check the large 80 amp alternator fuse, then check the AM1 and the AM2 fuses, these supply power to the ignition switch for the ignition system, accessories and the starter circuit.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter