Toyota Repair/Remote Entry Doors 2011 Toyota Tarago

Question
Hi Ted (or other person volunteering)

I have a 2011 Toyota Tarago GLi (known as either Estima or Previa in US). 5dr wagon 2.4L, 4 cylinder,7 seater.  I live in Sydney.

The remote entry is not working. And we cannot start the car. I have changed the battery in the remote.

After manually opening door with key, the power door lock switch doesn't work.  I cannot start the car and there is no power whatsoever.

I have tried pressing the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote for 60 sec ( I read somewhere that this can reset...mmm I'm not sure what)

I have also tried turning the key in the ignition 8 times, again a weird suggestion from some website.

I have checked to see if the fuse for doors was blown ... probably redundant exercise (in retrospect) since there is no power at all

All this to no avail

Anyway, if you are able to enlighten me with some suggestions as to what the problem may be and how I could go about fixing it, I would be very much appreciative.  

regards
Kristina

Answer
Hello,
Just so I'm clear as to what exactly is going on I have to ask a couple of questions:
How did this come about? Was there any signs of a a problem before or just all of a sudden this happened?
Did the engine stop while driving?
When putting the key in and turning it to on do all the lights on the dash illuminate?
Does the engine turn over at all?
Does it start and shut off right away?

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter