Toyota Repair/2003 highlander 2.4L. Was run hot do to no oil

Question
My kids car so I got what happened from her. They were driving home, tha/c stopped blowing cool , temp gage was not reading the car started to make noise and shutoff. The engin was overheating blow all the coolest out. I go out to get it and found that there was no oil.   I had a few qt so I put it in refilled the coolest.  Started it up and drove it on my trailer. Got he and was checking it out  did comprsion test 1/ 150, 2/150, 3:140, 4/150..all are40-50psi off.  Need advice run it or do I need to look for heat damage. To pistons and bearings?? Please help I just replaced all of the Timing chain and everything with it.  It was running like a new one when they left the house. Thank you for your time on this problem

Answer
The compression readings do not indicate a piston and ring problem, normal is around 170psi, the compression you have is not keeping the engine from running, at this point I see no reason to not drive it and see what it does, does it overheat, is there any noise any coolant or oil leaks? Then go from there.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter