Toyota Repair/3 door RAV4 2005 1800 VVT

I bought my RAV4 3 door 1800 VVT in May 2005. I have had her services done by a Toyota dealer up to 3 years ago, based purely on exuberant cost. Over the last 2 days or so, the gas pedal (accelerator pedal) is squeaking. The best way to explain...if there is a gas pedal sounds in need of lubrication. It feels a little tight.
Your expert advise will be highly appreciated Ted.
Warm regards of South Africa

ANSWER: As far as I know there is no cable it uses an accelerator position sensor which is part of the pedal assembly, The APP has no moveable parts but the pedal is oonnected mechanically to the sensor, this is where the squeak may be coming from, try using a silicon based spray lubricant  

QUESTION: Thank you Ted.
May I be so forward to ask more?
The last couple of months (maybe 3) when I reverse, the exhaust makes the sound of one with a hole in it yet I've tested it and there ain't any. Am I becoming a statistic like all the others I've read on this site of the "ghost" noises of Toyota RAV4 5 door????
I have 190k on the clock and know the cam-belt change is looming.....Just wondering whether it is time to sell before I get into trouble financially:-)
Highly appreciate your expertise Ted and thank you for the time afforded me.
Warm regards from South Africa

ANSWER: When this noise happens is there also a vibration felt?
Is it only while in reverse with the foot on the brake or while moving as well?

I do feel a vibration when I reverse and it is only when I accelerate and in motion. Once I put her in 1st gear, all is well.
Thank you Ted.

Ok, do this, while braking put it in reverse,
Is there a vibration, if no
Accelerate slightly while braking does the vibration start? If no
slowly release the brake and drive slowly in reverse, is there vibration then?
Is there any noise when the vibration happens?

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems