Toyota Repair/air bag (red indicator) on, all the time

ref: wife's 2006 toyota camry ,
she got (relatively mild) rear-ended  / had car repaired ... 'air bag' (dashboard
, red symbol,, is 'on all the time .......florida has required inspection for
any car involved in crash/damaged (verbage  on title= 'branded' ) ....
would like to remove power, from air bag indicator, in case florida inspection
' happened to see' this air bag (dash) indicator on (red symbol) .....after
passing inspection and getting clear title ... would intend to re-power the
air bag sensors/connections etc ....tried disconnect for all fuses , but 2
sources that turn air bag light off, also stop a running engine ...any
suggestions ?    thank you  for your opinion, regards, paul

Hello, the only way I know to do this is to remove the instrument cluster and take the warning light bulb out but how do you know the are not going to check the functionality of the system by checking to see if the light turns on when the key is turned on?
A rear end collision normally doesn't cause an airbag warning light or any of the sensors to deploy the airbags, only in front end impacts so I'm not sure why the light is even on unless she hit another car in the front. Why not find out what is actually causing the light to be on by having the SRS computer scanned for trouble codes? It may be something simple.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems