Toyota Repair/Oxygen sensor

2004 Camry 2.4 Engine. Looking for a bank 1, upstream 02 sensor.
Based on the VIN, the dealer told me that I need a non-CA sensor, but the tag under the hood says my car meets EPA and CA standards. They are different sensors.  Which one is likely to be correct?

If I can not determine which sensor is correct, is just cleaning the current sensor a viable option?

Cleaning sensors is usually not very successful, they should be replaced, if it's CA emission certified the sensor is an air/fuel ratio sensor with an O2 sensor located behind the converter. if the exhaust manifold has no heat shield and the sensor is mounted at the top of the manifold it's definitely an A/F sensor, if it has a heat shield the sensor is mounted in an opening of the heat shield and is also an a/f sensor if it says that it's CA certified, if you can give me your VIN I may be able to give you a part number or send a picture of the engine.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems