Toyota Repair/Start up

Question
I have a 99 camry,and not everyday but every now and again,I turn the key and it makes a sound like when you try and crank a running car,but not as rough and it won't start,I wait for a sec try again and it cranks right up,I put a new starter on it,but it did it again,it doesn't matter if its cold or hot when it does it,problem is it doesn't happen everyday and so far never more than once in a day,was wondering what it could be,other than that car runs great

Answer
Hello, this sounds like it may be a bad spot on the flywheel ring gear teeth that the starter engages with, to inspect, remove the starter and inspect the ring gear by turning the engine over slowly by hand. Look for any damaged/worn teeth, replace the flywheel/flex plate if necessary.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter