Toyota Repair/water leak

Question
I have a 1990 Toyota Celica that is leaking water at the rear of engine compartment spraying onto fire wall. The car has 295,000 miles on it. i have looked at the hoses in the general area but did not find one busted. Is it time to scrap it or could it be a hose that I'm not seeing?

Answer
Hello, the best way to go about this is to pressure test the cooling system with the engine cold and the coolant level up, you can rent a pressure test gauge at most autoparts stores, if the engine is running normally and there is no overheating or smoke from the exhaust it may just be a snaller bypass hose that runs from the water pump to the rear of the cylinder head.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter