Toyota Repair/1996 Toyota Corolla sticking door latch

Question
In cold weather, my wife's 1996 Corolla driver's side door latch sticks when opened, and won't latch again until the car is warmed up, as if some part of it has moisture in it that freezes when cold, and thaws when the door gets warm.  Which part has the problem, and how do I access it to lubricate it or dry it out?uddde

Answer
The best lubrication for this is W-40 spray, you may be able to do this without removing the inner panel, pull the door handle up and spray the inside into the small openings, open the door and lubricate the moving parts of the latch assembly. If the linkage rods on the inside are sticking you'll have to remove the inside door panel.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter