Toyota Repair/1996 Toyota Corolla sticking door latch

In cold weather, my wife's 1996 Corolla driver's side door latch sticks when opened, and won't latch again until the car is warmed up, as if some part of it has moisture in it that freezes when cold, and thaws when the door gets warm.  Which part has the problem, and how do I access it to lubricate it or dry it out?uddde

The best lubrication for this is W-40 spray, you may be able to do this without removing the inner panel, pull the door handle up and spray the inside into the small openings, open the door and lubricate the moving parts of the latch assembly. If the linkage rods on the inside are sticking you'll have to remove the inside door panel.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems