Toyota Repair/Back-up lights

Question
1996 Toyota, Camry, 2.2L, AT, AC, PW, PL, PM
Back up bulbs are good, "R" tranny indicator lights up in reverse. Back-up bulbs do not light up in reverse.
Also, is there a truck lid light?

Answer
Hello, the backup light switch is part of the neutral start switch, this is located on the transmission near the radiator, check the electrical connections they sometimes corrode due to battery fumes and moisture, if the connector is ok you most likely have to replace the switch assembly or you can remove it and open it up and clean the contacts inside, if it has a trunk light it will be located on the bottom inside of the rear shelf.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter