Toyota Repair/Back-up lights

1996 Toyota, Camry, 2.2L, AT, AC, PW, PL, PM
Back up bulbs are good, "R" tranny indicator lights up in reverse. Back-up bulbs do not light up in reverse.
Also, is there a truck lid light?

Hello, the backup light switch is part of the neutral start switch, this is located on the transmission near the radiator, check the electrical connections they sometimes corrode due to battery fumes and moisture, if the connector is ok you most likely have to replace the switch assembly or you can remove it and open it up and clean the contacts inside, if it has a trunk light it will be located on the bottom inside of the rear shelf.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems