Toyota Repair/2007 Toyota RAV 4

My RAV 4 has always burned too much oil.  Finally Toyota started oil consumptions tests and mine failed.  The replaced valve and pistons in the engine. Now all the warning lights are on - check engine, VSC, and slippage.  They lied and said the light came on as soon as they pulled it into the garage, but weren't on when I parked it and I have never seen these lights be on. They now want to charge me $300 for Code P0012 Oil Control Valve is faulty and separately they say the L/R wheel sensor is not reading due to debris and they recommend cleaning it and want to charge at least $100 to do that.  I feel like they are taking advantage of me and all issues are due to their fix of the engine for the oil consumption repair. Please offer your advise.

Hello, it's going to be hard to prove they are lying, it seems that they are because these things don't just happen while the car is being worked on, the oil control valve could have been damaged during the repair, I don't see how the rear wheel speed sensor could have been affected it has nothing to do with engine control. I don't have an answer for you. You may consider getting another opinion on this from another repair shop the Toyota dealer and have them fix whatever is wrong then sue the other shop in small claims court for the amount it cost to fix their mistake. Let the judge decide.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems